Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

My name is Lauren Bailey and I will be serving an LDS Mission in the Peru Lima South Mission from January 2014 to August 2015. (Is this a post? I don't even know... This could end up anywhere. About me? Descriptions? Whatever. I don't like technology) ANYWAY. I will be giving my "Farewell" talk in church on January 19 (What. That is soon) and my mom will be speaking with me! (much to her chagrin) I will probably cry, she will probably cry, but it is happy crying, in a way! It is the reason I am serving a mission. "A missionary is someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with their families for eternity." My family is the biggest reason I am serving a mission! I was raised in a wonderful home with parents who love me and showed me the importance of the Gospel and what it does for us, 3 younger brothers who have been examples to me since the day they were born, and a huge support system of extended family and friends who help me to believe in myself. I am thankful for friends and family who are filled with the Light of Christ and who put up with my shenanigans! I have been blessed to love and be loved by the people who mean the most to me. And I am so excited to get out and start loving the people of Peru! And the Spanish language! And weird food and awkward moments (those essentially make up my life. Awwwwkward) and my calling and commission as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't wait to dedicate the next 18 months of my life to being a servant of the Lord. I will post a time or two before I leave to report to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Lima, Peru and then after that my mom will keep this blog updated with my letters and pictures and awkwardness and so forth! Pray! Read your scriptures! You are loved, you are not alone, and you have a Heavenly Father who loves you! Read the Book of Mormon with pure intent and pray to that loving Heavenly Father to know if it is true. It will change your life forever :) I love you, whoever is reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment