Tuesday, December 30, 2014

OH MY GOSH 3 DAYS UNTIL I SEE YOUR FACES


Hahahaha OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

Also this might be a short one because well I really actually don't know where the time goes so dang fast but it does.

ANYWAY.

Quick updates (because I get to talk to you on Thursday) (Oh my gosh can't even deal)

On Monday we just went shopping and then like relaxed and slept and such.... Which we almost never do. But we are all so tired so it was actually really nice. (Have I mentioned the four of us all are living in our house for like a month now? It is insanity. but I do love it )

Then, after the district meeting on Tuesday, we hopped on a bus to ride the like 3 horrifically hot hours down to NAZCA to have exchanges with the Sister Leaders :) In short, it was a very very hot bus ride followed by proselyting all afternoon and the next morning with Hermana Galo and Hermana Freyre in their area (the area where my trainer Hermana Trejo served) (have I mentioned that she returned to the mission and was companions with Hermana Rush until this week and now Hermana Rush is in San Juan San Juan (my first area!!!) because she got transferred for her neck? Fun facts.) And it was GORGEOUS. And so hot.  Well,  it is like a mix of Ayacucho and Ica, but really hot and dry. but the houses and the streets and the people are great. And I learned a lot :) I mostly was just hit with a huge feeling again of how much I love Peru and the Mish. I just love the people and the gospel and teaching and just all of it. It's a joy.

Also, they had a member with references come out with us and IT WAS A WHIRLWIND. Seriously, members are so powerful and they make all the difference. Share the gospel :)

On Thursday we did service with the other two companionships of San Isidro and we were like breaking up dirt and moving some garbage and it was SO HOT. I might have almost died. (maybe that isn't why I am dying missing a white Christmas. My melting mind can't even fathom snow at the moment) But it was for this sweet old lady in our ward who I adore. I think she is like 65 and she is always taking care of and helping her mom who is like 95 (not even kidding) and it always makes me all teary to see the way she takes care of her. It is like a really powerful demonstration of an unsung hero to me. The world is full of unsung heroes, just being humble disciples of Christ. I am so blessed to know and observe sooooo many in those who serve around me and the people I see and my FAMILY and friends. 

Then, during lunch that day, the zone leaders called and were like hey we have 40 soles (like 14 dollars ish?) and we need you guys to make the chapel gorgeous for the Christmas Multi Zone tomorrow. Me and Hermana Muñoz almost died. We hurried and changed our clothes and dashed to the sketchy markets and bought plasticy green garland and plastic gold bells on like that Las Vegas beady rope and wrapping paper to wrap fake presents. In the end, an awesome member from another ward had a huge nativity scene and it all somehow turned out awesome. I didn't take a pic (because don't know if you can in the chapel?) But hey maybe I do have some of mom's Martha on Meth genetics. Hermana Douglas and President were super surprised and happy, so we felt good about it :)

Well Friday was the Christmas multi zone with President! We had some really great talks, 2 like short Christmas programs (Us and Nazca. We sang "Oh Come All Ye Faithful", gringos in Spanish and Latinos in English and I had the privilege of directing the music, and they sounded really good.) And then we watched  a movie about a surgeon guy called "Gifted Hands". It was really good but weird to watch a movie. Hahahaha.   But i loved it. We ate Lomo Saltado for lunch too so I was pretty happy :) Then we all got to take a pic with Hermana and President Douglas, and I just love them so much. We didn't end everything until like almost 5, but it was really spiritual and fun.

Saturday we had a Stake Christmas program and we sang the same thing, and I felt the spirit so strongly. I am really so grateful I get to spend this Christmas on my mission. It makes me so much more aware of my blessings and the reason for it all. It has been a cool experience :)

Also this week, I have been thinking a ton about Mary the mother of Christ. I think (ya know how they always ask the weird question "If you could have dinner with anyone in church history who would it be?" ice breaker question? No? Maybe it is just missions then. #awkward) that I would love to be able to just talk to her and interview her. Her story is amazing. I think she must be an incredibly faithful women, and I hope to be able to pattern my life after her faith.  Like when her only answer to all of the new information about her coming child was "Behold the handmaiden of the Lord". 

Also, I found a new favorite mission scripture (well, another one). Mosiah 18:30 if you replace MORMON and AGUAS OF MORMON with like your personal season in life. Like I did it with PERU and THE MISH and I love it because at any time of our life, the things we go through and see and such are what make us realize that our Redeemer truly exists. and that makes our lives and our existence beautiful :) 

OH my beautiful family. I love you so dang much. I AM BEYOND EXCITED TO SEE YOU ALL ON THURSDAY. 40 MINUTES OF HEAVEN. I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH

HAVE YOURSELVES A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS!!!

Sending all my love and Christmas wishes from Peru,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment