Monday, September 22, 2014

101 Days to Christmas!

Familia!! There are only 101 days until I get to Skype with your beautiful faces :) I love you all so much.

I was thinking this week that while I am so far away, missing you all so much,  I really feel myself growing closer to you in the most incredible way. It is a weird feeling.

Un mal noticia. We don't get to watch conference until the weekend after because it is elections in Peru and they close the churches. I am more than a little bummed. Hahahaha, just because Christmas is like conference. You know what I mean. Hahahaha. Oh, well I will get over it.

This week I have been hit by the power of the Book of Mormon. I think there are two reasons that we have a mission rule to carry one in our hands at all times. 1) is that it has a really hard spine, and although it may be sacreligious, it is very effective when a dog attacks you and 2) there is literal power in that blue book. Just opening it releases the Spirit. It is as if some of the shine of the gold plates is some how translated into every paper copy. It is a beautiful, powerful thing.

If anyone ever just needs to take the baby steps to get back where they should be, just open that book. Something changes within you. One investigator this week described it as lightning shooting up his arm when we handed it to him. Amazing. 

Hey, look up the song "That's the kind of day I wish for you."   I think it is by Faith Hill. I love you all so much.

This week an investigator told us he wanted to go to hell because he wants to know what it is like, then he will just ask the demon for permission to leave. Hahahaha.  I died laughing. I love people so much it isn't even funny.

Google pan chapla. I don't know what it is or why I love it so much, but it is life changing. That and Inca Cola. Hahahahaha it might be a problem----

Well.. I am writing real letters and sending them today!! I made a pact with myself. Hahahaha so expect those :)  I love you all so much it isn't even funny. Next week's email will be longer, this week was kinda slow. Not slow, just normal. I just love this work. It is beautiful. And I love all of you :) so much.

I love you!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment