Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Life is Flashing Before My Eyes!




My Dearly Dearest Dear Family!

I can't believe how fast the time is flying by here in Peru. It is literally shocking. Hahaha, but it is a beautiful whirlwind :)

Well, this week was a tad slow with changes and lots of baptisms here in Ica as well as like half the zone was gone for two days to go to Immigration. But it was still an awesome week!

On Tuesday we had District meeting and it was a great last Zone meeting as well. We had a really awesome transfer with those missionaries and felt a lot of the spirit of Elijah working with them and their converts. I will miss them and the awesome change we have had, but I am so excited to keep working with those that are staying and keep seeing the miracles in the area. 

On Wednesday President called us and asked us for stories about Family History in Ica, so I sent the one that I forwarded to you. They are putting together a presentation to show to leaders in Salt Lake and demonstrate what we are doing here in the mission! I am so excited (not because they will read my story. I am actually ashamed of my grammar no that English is my second language) because  Family History is really catching on every where... I understand now that it is a huge part of what we do in the Gospel of Jesus Christ because it is all tied to the temple and the doctrine of Christ the things we need to do and have in order to get back and live with our Heavenly Father. We are a covenant people :)

Then on Thursday we did service with our district and it was so fun!  But so hard, once again. We moved a gigantic pile of rocks from the front of the house, through the house, to the back. They were giant and there were like 500. My arms hurt so bad until yesterday, hahaha.  But it was so worth it.  I love service, and it makes me feel like maybe  I really actually can help these people in a temporal way. Help them to build a house, to make a shelter for their family. To have something that I am so blessed with. This family was so grateful, the mom is sick and the two sons have to work all the time to pay for medical expenses, and their house is really suffering. These people who have so little teach me so much. They have a faith that is rock solid. And it shows me the importance of having treasures in heaven, not just temporal riches. Because when it all comes down to it, all of these people can be as happy as the richest person in the world because what it really depends on is your relationship with Heavenly Father and with your family and the people that you love.
 

That afternoon the zone leaders dropped by and I got a package and like 15 letters. Seriously, best day of my whole life :)  I am so thankful for the amazing family and friends that I have. And so are the Elders who were very happy to get a Reese's. They like accepted them like Gollum and it was so funny.

Well, we have a lot of big plans for this change! Pray that we will be able to consecrate ourselves and help the missionaries to see their potential and the potential of their converts and rescues. I love this gospel so much, and I love the temple. I know that our purpose here is completely tied to families and the covenants we make, and I am so thankful for the family that I have. Have a great week!!!

 I love you so much!!!

Lauren
 
Random things I enjoyed and thought I would share.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment