Monday, March 16, 2015

Discover How Much Your Heart Can Hold


My Dearly Beloved Family, Today the internet was (and is) down in Nasca for the whole day. 
3rd world problems.... 
I take so much for granted, and sometimes God just has to remind me. This email is going to be super fast and super scattered, but my heart is full and I feel incredibly blessed this week and today. God is good, and patience and faith are the formula to lasting happiness and joy. It is just carry on, carry on, carry on! And it is a joyous
journey.if we make it that way through gratitude and using the atonement:) Anyway. On Monday, we went to this ruins place called Cahuachi and it was sooo windy but was really cool because according to like history it could have totally been Zarahemla.... very cool. Also that night we had planned a Family Home Evening with some less actives and a ton of members came and it was a huge success! We are really working on strengthening the branch and the members. 

On Tuesday, we had a lot of member support again! Three members came with us
to visit a family of inactive sisters who just really need a lot of support. It was awesome to see the branch working and the blessings flowing. Wednesday, I had exchanges with Hermana Sintay and it was really good! She is an
amazing missionary, and I continue learning more than anyone else on the exchanges
through their examples. 

Thursday was the best day of the week. We started proselyting in the afternoon and I just felt weird and down.... I don't know what it was, but we were both feeling it. Then, we decided to go and visit a recent convert who is about 80 named Fabiana. She can't read, so we read the Book of Mormon to her and try to help her understand. She is really smart, just never had the opportunity to get an education because she lived in a little pueblo and then worked her whole life. But it frustrates her to not be able to understand the scriptures and things very well.... Her faith is amazing and she literally wants it more than anything. But it is hard for her. Well we read in 1 Nephi 11 when he asks Nephi if he understands the nature of God and he says I don't understand everything, but I know God loves us. After that, she prayed to close the lesson and it was the most sincere prayer begging for light and understanding I have ever heard in my whole life. She has so much faith in God, and she was just pleading with him to understand, and she just said, "I am your daughter!" and i just started bawling. I felt it so strong, what she by faith understands. That she is a daughter of god! and that He WILL care for us. 3 Nephi 13-26-33, Doctrine and Covenants 50:40-41, Moses 1:13 After that lesson, we prayed as a companionship and went to our next appointment and were able to set a baptismal date! Susana, who lost her husband, is preparing to be baptized the 18th of April. Then we found a new investigator, and the spirit of our day just completely changed. Thanks to the faith of Fabiana :)

 I was reading this week in the bible dictionary about temples,  and it says the temple and the home are the holiest places
 in the world. Doctrine and Covenants 136:31, we are tried in all things to be fit for the kingdom. The Spirit is so important and so delicate,.... it comes in the still and quiet moments, and we need to learn to live and thrive in those moments to be able to feel and live by the spirit. I am so thankful for this gospel, for this day, and for the blessings that God has given me. I am so thankful for my family, and for the Holy Ghost. God lives and He loves us, and we are His children. The temple is a holy house where we can feel the love of our Father and taste our potential. 

Christ lives, and He died for every single one of our sins, sorrows, and sufferings. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Kingdom of God on this earth, and only by and through the teachings of the  Book of Mormon can we make it back to Him who created us. I am so filled with love for my Savior and for my family and for the people of Peru. 

Thank you for everything, I love you all!!! -- 

*Hermana Bailey*

No comments:

Post a Comment