Monday, July 6, 2015

Bind Me Not........



Hello my beautiful family that I love!!!

This keyboard is sticky and I hate it. Hahaha anyway!

I really do love you guys. That is the only thing that is keeping me sane.... because if i didn't love you so dang much I would escape into the sierra of Peru and stay there forever. But I love you dearly.

Well, this week flew by! Every week flies by, and it really hurts my heart. But it was a great week!

On Monday I was actually really scattered, and really tired, but we cleaned our whole house (last command of President Douglas). Then we got to work and it was really easy to focus again. Something I have learned on my mission and in the temple is to be where you are in the moment with all that you are. Just leave all the worries in your mind aside when you are with others and focus on them, and slow down and let the spirit come and open your ears and your heart. We had some really special lessons with 2 different less active members.  One with a girl named Almendra who is about my age and is really fighting to believe that God can really forgive her. And one with an older man named Eutemio who got rescued this last week (whoo!) and has cancer in his nose (don't ask I don't understand either). It was a very powerful lesson to be able to testify of the healing power of the priesthood as well as the atonement.

I came on this mission thinking that I could offer my love to people and change their lives.... and then they changed me. Today, I had an email from a rescue in Nasca (Cleici) and I just love them all so much, all of those people who I have had the opportunity to know, and who have helped me grow. How did I  get to be so blessed? They have changed my life. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were really good days, I really felt like we were doing it all and being missionaries of whole purpose (don't know how to say that well in English). We were finding new investigators ( a new one who told us I have always wanted to get closer to God, but never knew how? "Oh my gosh I have a book for you".....) and helping a recent convert couple from one of the branches to do family history and go to the temple this week. And working to retain our own recent converts and recent rescues and rescuing Eutemio, and helping Roberto progress towards baptism. It just felt really good. Like I finally know how to make it all work together... and it is when I stop trying to know and start listening to the spirit. 

On Thursday we had a multi-zone to get to know the McGinns... they are super nice and really great. I am excited to work with them. I got to see Hermana Rush and Hermana Mendez which was the highlight of my life :) love them. 

On Friday I went on exchanges with Hermana Wilkins who is my sister leader now :)  I was retired... ahahaha It was so fun,  her first exchange - my last.... Everything has changed so much, and it was an amazing day. We found a new family and the lesson was so spiritual. Who knew two Southern Utah University girls would be sitting in  little house in Peru teaching a family in Spanish? Who knew two SUU girls could change so much and figure out just how small two little SUU girls are. 

On Sunday Roberto came to church!! He is our investigator with a baptismal date for July 18th :) He is seriously so great and so prepared. He is like 70 and is so receptive. He has left coffee and beer and came to church in a white shirt yesterday.... We didn't tell him to, he just did. He is amazing.

I love you all so much! I love this gospel. I love this mission. I love these people. I love my Savior. This is so scattered, but I just want to tell you everything and about everyone and it gets scattered. I love you all so much. I know this church is true, and the Christ's atonement is infinite. Alma 37:44-46. 

The Book of Mormon is true.

Absolute truth exists. 

And this is it.

Hermana Lauren Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment