Saturday, July 4, 2015

To Your Thoughts I'll Soon Be Listening...

My dearly beloved family whom I love dearly!!!

 How the heck are ya? I really do love you dearly, I hope you know that. 

This week absolutely flew! Like they all do. But it seems to go even faster when you are new in the area. I miss Nasca so dang much. It was so hard to leave, but I have decided that there is like a divine principle in that.... where much is learned, much is loved. I will always have a special place in my heart for Nasca and all of the people there, and I am excited to go visit them. I am just thankful for that time I had there. 

Here in Pisco the members are really great. They accompany us all the time and it is amazing. I love the members and talking with them, they are all really nice and willing to go out with us. This week we found a new investigator named Sandra and she is very receptive.  The lesson was very spiritual with her and we felt the spirit really strongly as we talked about the Book of Mormon. We had a lot of really good lessons this week and found a lot of really good people, but I think my favorite lesson was with a less active named Almendra. All of her family are active members of the church, but she isn't attending. She is 22 years old and studying. During the lesson, we started to talk about the doctrine of Christ and the atonement, and she at one point just started to cry. She told us that she had wanted to come back to the church for some time, but that she was ashamed because she felt like she had done too much to be able to come back to church. She was ashamed and didn't feel like she could be forgiven. We talked about repentance and the way we feel when we repent, and we were able to testify of the infinity of the atonement, and invite her to prepare to go to the temple in July by becoming active again. It was a great lesson. 

Then, that night, there was a cultural event for the dedication of the temple in Trujillo. The celebration was absolutely beautiful ( look for it on youtube maybe.... does youtube still exist?) but I cried through the whole thing. I don't even know why, but it just hit me so hard that the church is so true. So true! It is so tender. I love Peru so much. Where much is learned, much is loved. My heart will always, always be here. I can't even describe the profound love I feel for this country and these people, for this gospel and for my Savior. Alma 29:10

I was thinking this morning that I have been in the city, the mountains, the desert, and now on the coast. Peru is so diverse, and Peru Lima South is really big so I have gotten a little taste of all of it. I feel so blessed to have been able to walk in all of those places and to feel of the love of my Savior in every one of those places. I was thinking this morning also during my personal study, am I truly happy?  I was able to feel so strongly that I truly, truly am. And it is because of my knowledge of the doctrine of Christ and that through faith and repentance, making and keeping covenants and enduring to the end, I can have eternal life with my family. That that knowledge gives me a fullness of joy, and that joy increases to be able to share this with the people of Peru and to see their lives change. To be a part of their lives and to help them and to know so many amazing members and companions and just everyone. I have been so blessed, and I am so grateful. I love this gospel!

I love this gospel family. I  love you dearly. I know that this church is true. 

I love you!

Sorry this is so scattered. Hahaha but I will have a lot to tell you when I get home this way :) Hahahaha

Hermana Lauren Bailey 

No comments:

Post a Comment