Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I Just Really Am Not Creative Enough to Title Emails

My Family Who I Love!!!

I love you all so much :) It is ridiculous. But! You already knew that :)  I consistently just feel like I am filled with a spirit of gratitude. I am so blessed :)

One thing I was really grateful for this week was the Book of Mormon. It just hit me how much I love it, how strong my testimony is of its truthfulness. I was reading in Preach my Gospel where it says that we don't have to answer the hard questions or the weird questions, we just have to ask them if they have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. When it all comes down to it, if the book of Mormon is true, and we have read it and we know it is true, nothing else matters. And the book is true. We were also talking to Diana this week and we were a little frustrated. She wasn't reading the Book of Mormon like she should be, and she was asking a lot of deep doctrine questions. Finally. we asked if she was reading the book of Mormon, and she said not as much as she should be. Then we just talked about how important that was, and I felt impressed to read Moroni 10:4 and then also 5 and 6. It just talks about how you can't deny the power of Christ. We were able to testify to her that you can't deny the power of the Book of Mormon and you will feel that undeniable testimony come if you are really reading it and praying.  That testimony will carry you through much more than just your doubts. I know that it will carry you through your fears, trials, and heartaches as well. That book has power that I can't explain. The little blue ones that we carry every day are just pages of paper, but opening that books brings a palpable feeling of the Power of God. Read that book like your life depends on it :)

I live in fear because there is a ginormous spider living in my dresser, like tarantula. But I don't know where it went so I just pull my clothes out really fast and squeal. I haven't seen it in like 5 days though.... so either it is planning an attack or it died. 

Also, i never realized how important white teeth are until I got to a place where they aren't. But they are. TEETH ARE SO IMPORTANT. Hahahaha new husband requirement.... decent teeth.

So yesterday was a typical stressful Sunday. We had assigned members to pick up all of our investigators and we had to be at the church early. Well one of the members who was in charge of like 5 of the investigators wasn't answering her phone and it was really getting close to time so we ran out to a taxi and sped all the way up to the top of the mountain to get Fabiola.  Because if she didn't come yesterday she couldn't be baptized this week. But we got to her so it was ok :) Stressful and hilarious but ok. The down side is that due to a family emergency, Kathy and Karmin couldn't come, so they are being pushed to September for their baptisms :( So that was a little rough, but it was unavoidable so it will be ok. Trials of faith :) 

Also yesterday, we were sitting up on the stand because Hermana Rush had to speak and two straight up Isrealites walked in and sat down in the back of the chapel (long hair, Jesus clothes and disciple shoes). It was so scary. Hahahah. Then after the sacrament hour the elders stayed RIGHT with them so they couldn't talk to investigators. They were actually really young and they talked to us and they just have really flawed doctrine. But they stayed for the second hour too and it was just really stressful, ahahahaha, but also hilarious. Oh the joys.

Then in the 3rd hour yesterday one of the members of the Stake Presidency taught all the adults and he talked about raising families in the gospel and it was a really great lesson. They talked about how the only place that compares to the temple on earth is the home. I am so thankful for parents who gave me that kind of home and I want to have that kind of home someday too :) I love this Gospel and the opportunities it gives to families. 

Well next week is cambios, so no email til the middle of the week :( I am going to miss Sister Rush, it has been a great transfer! I hope you all have a great week, be careful in all your travels and such :) Be happy! Happy first day of school!!! hahahaha suckers :) 

I love you!
Lauren

2 Timothy 1:7
This is the view from our balcony!

No comments:

Post a Comment