Monday, August 4, 2014

Where in the Heck Did July Go??

But really. Where did that go?

ANYWAY!

I just love being a missionary. It is a little ridiculous. Like for real. I have never been so happy in my life! And so aware of my purpose... a mission just makes you reflect a lot. You see people and how their choices affect them and how they are doing in their lives and just think a lot. I have never felt so strongly how important the temple is and how important having a family and fulfilling the plan is. It is such a beautiful feeling! I just feel happy. I am so incredibly grateful for Hermana Rush. Being with her for this transfer has really lifted me up and helped me to be the missionary I want to be. It is insane. This gospel is so true!

Hey Mom. When I was little did you sing "As I Have Loved You" to me a lot? Random I know. But I have memories I can't place...

SO this week was really good! Jossy was baptized and it was a really powerful and spiritual night. She bore her testimony about fasting so that her dad would give her permission and it was really great, and we actually had a little ward support! So that was good. Then, we also had 4 investigators at her baptism! It was so rewarding and just beautiful to see how deep that little girl's testimony is.

This week we have also been teaching a woman named Kathy. She also came to the baptism and then in the very next lesson she accepted a baptismal date and just kept saying how she felt different in the baptism of Jossy and it just felt good and right and that she knew this is what she needed in her life and her future family's life. She is pregnant and super open and willing to learn so much. She wants the gospel in her life. And then she came to church yesterday in our recent rescue and her family's huge van full of missionaries and investigators!

Another really cool thing that happened yesterday was that after Jossy was confirmed in sacrament, they announced that there was a baby blessing and they blessed Diana's little boy,  Alvaro! We had no idea they were planning on doing that or that they even wanted too. I just started to cry because Diana and Jossy really just GET IT.  Please pray that Diana will be able to get married and baptized. She is just so amazing :)

Yesterday... was a great day. Our whole ward fasted for the missionary work and then we ended up talking about it in Relief Society and it was just really powerful. Then, after church,  we were teaching a less active and offered to help her peel garlic cloves.  So we just sat on a dirt floor and peeled garlic cloves and talked about the gospel for like 2 hours.  Then we went to another less active's house for dinner and while we were waiting for her to finish it, we washed her clothes for her family. On the roof. By hand. In freezing air with a beautiful view of Ayacucho. I think it is really important for them to see that us two gringas are just here to help and love them :) It was a great, beautiful day. I love this ward and this area, and I love seeing how the gospel works in the lives of humble people who are so happy to know it.

I also love Hermana Rush. I am just so happy and comfortable with her as my companion. It has just jump started my growth. I look up to her so dang much :)
Oh funny story I forgot. We locked ourselves out of our house Friday morning going to buy toilet paper and after trying like three times to go full cheerleader to get on our balcony thing and almost dying, we went and borrowed a ladder from a mamita and broke into our own house. Funniest thing ever.

Well. I love all of you with all of my heart. Have a great week at the fair! I expect pictures... hahahaha I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

I love you!

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment